Disclaimer | Contains external links. Nepalgo is not affiliated with the websites listed below. Please note the privacy policies of the websites differ. Links last accessed: 28.04.2023
COURSES, BOOKS, JOURNALS AND PDFS
Useful resources in the web.
- Aspects of Nepali Grammar – Genetti (1994)
- Colloquial Nepali – Rogers (1950)
- Coco’s Nepal
- Live Lingua – Nepali
- Nepalese Linguistics – Linguistic Society of Nepal (2008)
- Nepali: A Beginner’s Primer – Oja & Oja (2004)
- Peace Corps: Basic Course in Spoken Nepali
- Structure of Nepali Grammar – Bal (2004)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison – Nepali Course
BIBLIOGRAPHY AND REFERENCES
Here are some bibliography and references containing more content and resources about Nepali language, including further lists and articles.
- Britannica: Nepali Language
- Colorado School of Mines – Arthur Lakes Library – Nepali Language
- Omniglot Nepali
- University of Cambridge – Nepali Publications
- University of Wisconsin-Madison – Nepali Language Resources
- Wikipedia: Nepali Grammar
- Wikipedia: Nepali Language
DICTIONARIES AND WORDLISTS
Need to find a word? These may be of help.
- A Comparative and Etymological Dictionary of the Nepali Language – Turner | 🇬🇧
- A Practical Dictionary of Modern Nepali – Schmidt | 🇬🇧
- Lexilogos | 🇬🇧
- Nepali Brihat Shabdakosh | 🇳🇵
- Nepali-English Glossary | 🇬🇧
- Wortliste Nepali-Deutsch | 🇩🇪
EBOOKS AND LITERATURE
Literature, collection of eBooks and more.
- CDC Textbooks | Nepali textbooks by the Ministry of Education
- Digital Himalaya – University of Cambridge | contains tons of resources including rare books
- Pustakalaya.org | a library website containing a lot of eBooks in Nepali
- Sahitya Sangraha | website containing numerous literary works
Here is a list of some cool flashcards. Many thanks to the creators!
- Word of The Day | August 2013 | Ingeteacher
- Word of The Day | September 2013 | Ingeteacher
- Word of The Day | October 2013 | Ingeteacher
- Word of The Day | November 2013 | Ingeteacher
- Word of The Day | December 2013 | Ingeteacher
- LearningNepali | learningnepali
Beautiful, practical and contemporary Devanagari fonts.
Want to read some news?
- Annapurna Post | 🇳🇵
- BBC (Nepali) | 🇳🇵
- Gorkhapatra | 🇳🇵
- Hamro Patro | 🇳🇵
- Kantipur | 🇳🇵
- Nagarik | 🇳🇵
- Online Khabar | 🇳🇵
- Ratopati | 🇳🇵
Do you want to type in Nepali? These online typing services can help you.
Use these online tools to translate to or from Nepali.
Use these phrasebooks for some quick street Nepali.
Easily transliterate Devanagari into IAST. Note that IAST will inadvertently append schwas, so be sure to manually remove them!
Are you looking for tutors? You can find them here!
Want to see few videos on the Nepali language? Click these links.
- Alphabets and their Sounds
- Basic Phrases
- Learn Nepali Language | YouTube channel
- Learn Nepali with Barsha | YouTube channel
- Nepalgo YouTube | YouTube channel
- Nepali Alphabets
- TimroNepali | YouTube channel
- WIKITONGUES: Atul speaking Nepali
- Ashesh Calendar | a website featuring the Nepali calendar (with the festivities) in both Bikram Sambat and the Gregorian calendar